1970 Voltmeter * - Green letters
#S535-G. . . . $99.00
1971-72 Voltmeter *- White letters
#S535-W. . . . $99.00
* Note: Voltmeters
are exactly the same EXCEPT the 1970 version has green letters and
the 1971-72 has white letters
This is a new Voltmeter that REPLACES the Ammeter in either the Original
or Reproduction Factory Gauge Dash. The VOLTMETER is designed to fit
into the dash pod replacing the ammeter. Wiring is
separate from the circuit board.
1. Remove the ground cable from the Battery.
2. Remove the Ammeter dash pod from the dash. Be careful with the
flexible circuit board.
3. Remove the ammeter gauge from the dash pod.
4. You will need to drill a 1/4 inch hole in the dash pod for the
voltmeter wires to exit. The hole will be filled with a grommet.
5. Using the plastic washers and acorn nuts provided, mount the voltmeter
to the dash pod, thread the wires through the hole and install the
grommet. Reinstall the dash pod with the voltmeter.
6. The black wire is ground. You can ground it to one of the mounting
screws for the dash pod. The red wire is best plugged into the fuse
box ignition spade (Fused Ignition Source). We only want power to
the Voltmeter when the car is running.
7. It would be a good idea to disconnect the hot wires feeding the
old ammeter. They will be located in the engine compartment. Consult
you GM wiring diagram.
Rear of dash pod showing grommet
hole with wires and plastic acorn nuts.
Dash pod with new voltmeter