What's In The Box
- Shift cable
- Shifter cable adapter
- New shifter detent (except 6L80E / 6L90E kits, see note in overview)
- Hardware Kit
- (IF SELECTED)
- Transmission cable bracket
- Transmission shift lever(s)
This product will adapt your factory automatic floor shifter that came in your car to work with the transmission you have equipped it with. Available for 3-speed, 4-speed overdrives, or even 6-speed automatics, this kit takes the guesswork out of cable replacement or a transmission upgrade. This kit may also be used when switching from a column shift to a factory-style SS floor shifter (ex. 1983 models).
*Note on 6L80E / 6L90E
This kit does include a new shifter detent (EXCEPT for 6L80E / 6L90E kits). The factory SS shifters were often paired with a TH350 or TH200-4R between 1984-88. This being said, you will retain the stock detent when using this cable kit with a 6-speed transmission, you just won't use all available positions.
This kit does not allow for steering lock or neutral safety column linkages. For 4LE series transmissions, it often is possible to solve this by using the gear position switch mounted around the shift shaft on the driver side of the transmission. In other cases, we do offer specialty levers upon request that you may be able to adapt to your application.
- 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988 Monte Carlo
- 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987 El Camino
- 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983 Malibu